Virtual Operating System Emulator for Windows Computers
There are many instances when one might need to run more than one Windows operating system simultaneously. From diagnosing a hardware problem to bench testing new software, Microsoft Virtual PC is a tool that enables users to enjoy a flexible and expansive Windows environment.View full description
- Microsoft Virtual PC does not require a significant amount of memory to function.
- It supports most common Windows-based performance applications.
- This package has not been updated since February 2011; leading to potential operational issues.
- More advanced versions of the Windows operating system are not supported.
- Not available for testing other operating systems such as Mac, Linux (Ubuntu) or Android
- Won't work on newer operating systems such as Windows 10 or Windows 8
There are many instances when one might need to run more than one Windows operating system simultaneously. From diagnosing a hardware problem to bench testing new software, Microsoft Virtual PC is a tool that enables users to enjoy a flexible and expansive Windows environment.
Primary Applications and Features
Microsoft Virtual PC is meant to be used in conjunction with the Windows 7 operating system. Once installed, users will be able to toggle back and forth between each node with a single click. These are referred to as "host" and "guest" systems. Most productivity applications are supported by the guest system, so running common programs such as Adobe Acrobat or Windows Media Player will not present an issue. The total file size of this bundle is 31.6 megabytes.
Basic System Requirements
In order to install Microsoft Virtual PC, it is recommended that at least two gigabytes of RAM are available alongside a minimum of 20 megabytes of hard disk space. Please note that while compatible with Windows 7, this system will not work with Windows 7 Professional or Windows Vista Business Service Pack 1. In case you are looking for other free alternative applications, we recommend you to download VMWare Player or VirtualBox.